- Academics & Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- Tuition & Aid
- News & Events
The Graduate School of Social Work at Dominican University does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, marital status, political orientation, sexual orientation or diverse lifestyle in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarships, loan programs or any other program administered by the university.
- Completed application for Dominican’s Graduate School of Social Work, available by clicking Apply Now. Students applying for advanced standing (bachelors in social work required) must complete the advanced standing application and the general admissions application.
- Personal Statement (Please refer to questions on application.)
- An official transcript documenting a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and an official transcript from each college where graduate credit was earned
- A minimum 2.75 grade point average is required for general admissions and a 3.0 is required for advanced-standing admissions.
- Two letters of recommendation: at least one letter from an academic reference and one from professional references. In the event that a prospect is unable to provide an academic reference, an additional professional reference may be submitted, granted it reflects the prospect’s experience in some human services or social services capacity.
- Prerequisite course: Statistics. (Course should cover basic or elementary statistics which includes descriptive and inferential statistics)
- $25 Application Fee
- Interviews are used selectively.
GRE or GMAT are not required for the MSW program.
(Deadlines also apply to students applying for Advanced Standing)
Early application prior to the dates listed below is strongly encouraged. Priority for scholarships and internship placements will be given to students who apply early. Limited space is available for Summer and Fall 2016. Late application will only be accepted if space allows.
Full-time students - Deadline March 1 for Summer II and Fall
Part-time students - Deadline June 1 for Fall
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.