- Academics & Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- Tuition & Aid
- News & Events
Online Certificate in Working with Military and their Families
Online Post Master's Certificate in Working with the Military and their Families (CWMF)
The CWMF is a post-master's level online certificate offered to any professional with an advanced degree in the fields of mental or medical health.
The country's 2.2 million service members and 30 million veterans and their families are facing unprecedented challenges with transitions, coping with trauma, suicide, unemployment, homelessness, injury and loss. Our program blends personalized training with convenient online coursework to prepare you to deliver critical mental and behavioral health services to military personnel and their families.
The program offers intense, personalized training with convenient, online course work—all taught by top faculty and military experts. This program is equivalent to 12 semester credit hours meeting the educational requirements for advanced practice specialty credentials through NASW and eligible for all professional mental health CEUs. Professions other than social work should check with their professional associations for advanced credentialing with military populations.
- Format: Six online courses
- Time to Completion: 9 months
- Cost: $2500
- Financial Aid: Eligible for GI Bill Educational Benefits
Our Military Certificate Curriculum Provides:
- Knowledge and application of innovative evidence based treatments for PTSD, substance abuse, depression, anxiety, suicide, & traumatic brain injury
- Career enhancement opportunities within community-based agencies, all branches of the military and veteran’s administration
On completion, students will possess critical competencies and skills to:
- Engage, assess, intervene with members of the military and families
- Deliver military-competent services, develop military programming for your agency and open your career to access new employment opportunities with military members or veterans.
- Advocate for social and economic equanimity, well-being and appropriate service delivery for members of the military
Successful completion of the certificate program allows government agencies, organizations and all others who work with service members to know that the professional is competent to provide evidence-based clinical services to military service members, veterans and their families.
Next cohort begins in January of 2017!
Working with the Military and their Families Certificate